Sunday, December 5, 2010

If my head was not attached to me, I WOULD ACTUALLY LOSE IT.

I attract chaos. Let us go over recent events in my life.  First you must know that I consider myself one of the luckiest people in the world. Some people say there is no luck...but some people also say that they were abducted by aliens...so 'some people' really just can't be trusted....While I am one of the luckier people ever, I also have many things happen to me that make people go 'wow you are the most unlucky person ever.'  They do not quite understand the nature of my luck. So. Here is what has been happening.

About...ohhhhh three weeks ago? I was at a gathering of happy people, where I managed to drop my phone down a flight of steps. I almost feel like I threw it, but why would I do such a thing? Surely I don't fantasize about throwing my phone on trains when I pass over them, unto the Wabash, underneath moving vehicles...(I do)...anyways, as there was a strange amount of people hanging out ON the steps, a lot of people watched the tumble/gradual crumble, until Katrina, at the bottom, started crazily slamming pieces together (she is awesome), and then we found out the phone was broken beyond normal-person repair.  It could receive calls however, and I could call back the last person who called me...but this is not really the best idea for a phone.  *Sidenote - the screen looked like the game SkiFree, which I then downloaded and have played quite a bit, always yelling when the Yeti comes to eat me*

I have sense then procured my less borken baby-pink phone of my mothers, which only doesn't have a working six key, which means I cannot dial any number I don't already have from this area (765 area code), but 3y texts l00k like this, all writteh ih c0de, ahd s03ti3es I fihd 3yself typihg like this 0h 3y c03puter... Soon I will get my first upgrade though! In aggeesss. Three years or ...no, more. I'm so used to having broken phones that I don't really know what to do about getting a new one, I want someone else to pick it...Ah speaking of phones bores me, sorry.

Actually this is no longer chronological.  A week before the phone incident, I lost my keys. My good friend Ben was driving me home after some homework time and as we neared my apartment I realized my keys had evaporated, therefore I had to go back to his, call my roommate, all those good things. Sadly, this was a day that I had BEEN ALL OVER CAMPUS.  Amusingly, I have all semester and indeed for years now marveled at the way I can manage to NOT lose my keys, not only do I have no memory almost ever of locking my door, but I never have any idea where I put them. I've had many a scare of losing them, where I apparently store them in random pockets, backpack parts, etc.  I even put my keys in the fridge once (probably traded it for something more important).  So, the next day I have all these plans of every building to look in, places I have eaten, being me I do not (and still do not) have an extra key to my car...so get on the bus the next morning, ask my bus driver, who says 'Little football, little broken shoe?' and I was SO EXITED, THAT DESCRIBES MY KEYS EXACTLY!! So my friend Jess drove me to the bus place where they were at at the end of the day, and everything was awwwessssommme.

Then I lost my wallet.  All cards canceled; I thought I knew where I lost it but someone at this place (PAO building here, I had gone to a play with Katrina AND IT WAS THE BEST PLAY EVER [Amadeus]) had taken my wallet for a few days before returning it in more organized and without the USD.  Anyways, i drove home without a license, and was planning on not getting on and assuming it would turn up, and good thing I didn't!!! So now I have all my I.D.'s and Swedish money...the best thing is I was never really stressed about losing any of these things.  Everything always comes back, and if it doesn't oh well, someone else might have some fun with it right? Keys not so much, unless the same people who stole my gas would then take my car...if so I hope they fix the catalytic converter and then I will steal the car back...I should probably make a spare key now to make this happen. Oh how gutted would you be if someone stole your car and started smoking in it, and then you get it back and it's all SMOKEY. Sooo guttteeed.

So then I am doing this extra-credit-watch-two-episodes-of-star-wars thing for my movies class, hmm I think I still have a little bit of laundry left in the dryer, but I managed to go to this thing, park in the garage outside of union where you get a ticket but as it's after 6 (or 5?) you don't have to pay, but you DO have to keep the ticket, or else you pay 10 bucks. What did I do? lost my ticket on the 4 minute walk. or was it three minutes, OR WAS IT EVEN LESS. I get to the movie, late (it's in my genes), and start going through all of my things, pockets, making I'm sure the movies people around me think I am insane, and it is just NOWHERE. So after the first movie I ask the class what I can do, how I can get out of there for free, can I walk to the ticket thing and matrix-mind myself to weigh as much as a car so I can get another ticket? No. So I left as the other movie started (too curious), and retraced steps, looking everywhere, get all the way back to my car and what is that little paper lying right behind it on the garage floor? :) Yayyyyy! So I went home to make a sandwich, went back, got another ticket, talking to myself the whole time to make sure I knew where I put it (the wallet, which I have lost recently haha), and then get back to class. I did manage to squish my sandwich a lot, but I CAN'T DO EVERYTHING! 

Since then, as that was Thursday and today is Sunday, I have been relatively successful. But I do remember Mom saying 'you wouldn't lose your head if it wasn't attached to you', as a reprimand to me losing things, or was she asking a question? Whatever it was, I would. I definitely would. I would wander around being a decapitated Laura.  Feeling around blindly for my head. That would really suck, no eyes? goodness. Heads are pretty important.

I did have a pretty amusing misunderstanding with a random bus guy, I will just go ahead and include this in my post and then I will go have food items for consumption.  So random cool Jamaican looking guy decides to start a conversation with me after the bus ride as we are running across the highway-bridge thing, dodging cars (I do this everyday), and I was also being hesitant and not going when he did, so first of all, it starts off with a 'random yell', I stay on the other side, then run back through cars to see what it was. He had asked me if I was a dancer, and I was like, uhmm...no...I like to dance, why would you think that, and he said 'my shoes' which are what I thought were business shoes sort of, and I was like, oh, nope, business shoes, but I have been in dancing clubs ironically, which he awkwardly mistakes as exotic dancers I believe, so then there is this moment of WHAT, before I explain swing and salsa dancing, he asked me if I play music (I thought he was just a crazy conversationalist but then I remembered that I had on knee high musical staff sock, so he was just observant), and so we had a nice little chat before departing probably forever.  Goodbye friendly amusing ME!..oh, mechanical engineer. That didn't work out so well.

I realllllllllly need to buy some milk so I can make snow ice cream. OH MY GOODNESS I am also going to include my favorite photo in this post. It makes me laugh. I love looking up things that just make me laugh...mmm. hahahaha this just made me laugh out loud so much, just like a crazy person.  How can I ever stress about losing things when I can look at photos of monkeys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment